With patch 9.2 of WoW Shadowlands, two new features in the standard interface will make life easier for healers in particular. Instead of having to cumbersomely cast every ability on teammates with mouseover macros or install WoW addons like Clique, click keybinds and mouseover targeting will be integrated into the standard interface.
Who needs mouseover macros?
Mouseover macros allow players to target a party member or enemy and cast an ability when the mouse cursor is over the target. This saves constant clicking around, which is especially useful for healers who need to constantly and frequently change targets. It also saves the millisecond of click time that can sometimes make the difference between virtual life and death.
Until now, players have written mouseover macros for each individual ability or used addons like Clique, which allowed abilities to be bound to the left and right mouse buttons. As wowhead's dataminers have found out, both the macros and additional addons will become obsolete thanks to two new features in the default interface.
Click Keybinds replace addons like Clique
Strings in the game files of patch 9.2 show the options for the possibility to bind abilities to mouse clicks.
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_TARGET_UNITTarget
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_NEW_EMPTY_PROMPTClick
on a spell or macro to get started
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_UNBOUND_OUTPUT%s
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_BUTTON_DISABLEDNot
available while in Click Cast Bindings
- NEW CLICK_BIND_MODE|TInterfaceOptionsFrameUI-OptionsFrame-NewFeatureIcon
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_BINDING_TEXT_FORMAT%s-%s
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_NOT_AVAILABLENot
available for Click Cast Binding
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_INTERACTION_TITLE%s
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_MACRO_TITLE%s
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_UNBOUND_TEXTUnbound
- Mouseover and click to set
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_SET_BINDING_PROMPTMouseover
and click a mouse button to set a binding
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_CUSTOMS_HEADERCustom
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_DEFAULTS_HEADERDefault
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_OPEN_MENUOpen
- NEW CLICK_CAST_RESETDo
you want to reset all click bindings to their defaults?
- NEW CLICK_CAST_UNSAVEDYou
have unsaved click cast bindings. You will lose any changes if you close now.
- NEW CLICK_CAST_CONFIRMATIONYou
have unsaved Key Bindings.
Would you like to save them before entering into Click Cast Bindings?
Patch 9.2: End of Eternity Developer Video
Mouseover options in patch 9.2
The mouseover options indicate that you can choose whether abilities should always be cast (always active) or only be used via modifier (in combination with Shift, Alt, etc.).
Mouseover Cast Key
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_MOUSEOVER_CAST_SHIFT_KEYUse
the "SHIFT" key to cast targeted spells on your mouseover target.
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_ENABLE_MOUSEOVER_CAST_KEY_TEXTWhen
held this key will enable mouseover casting.
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_MOUSEOVER_CAST_NONE_KEYNo
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_MOUSEOVER_CAST_CTRL_KEYUse
the "CTRL" key to cast targeted spells on your mouseover target.
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_MOUSEOVER_CAST_ALT_KEYUse
the "ALT" key tNEW
:0:0:0:-1|tUnit Frame Mouseover Casto
- cast targeted spells on your Mouseover Target
Source: wowhead.comSupportbuffed - it only takes a minute. Thanks!
Do you like buffed? Then you can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall. Support now
Every amount, big or small, is valuable.
We thank you. Advertisement:
Order World of Warcraft now on Amazon
Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW Classic: Road to Ragnaros - Hardcore guild HC Elite victorious Hardcore guild HC Elite was able to defeat the Fire Lord in WoW Classic, Season of the Championship, as part of the Road to Ragnaros. 0
WoW Patch 9.2: Cosmic Flux - here it is, this much you need The new resource from WoW Patch 9.2, Cosmic Flux, has finally arrived on the PTR. We'll tell you where to find it. 2
Is the subscription model for WoW still justified? Fewer and fewer updates per expansion, but more and more microtransactions. Does the subscription model for WoW still have a reason to exist?
to the start page
Jump to comments (0
WoW Patch 9.2: Addons like Clique and mouseover macros are retiredImage gallery for "WoW Patch 9.2: Addons like Clique and mouseover macros are retired".