In the official WoW forum, the Blizzard developers have presented the latest adjustments for the test server of WoW patch 9.1. Especially exciting are certainly the new seasonal affix "Tormented" as well as the adjustments for Torghast. Here are the most important changes in the patch notes:
- The new seasonal affix is called "Tormented": Within a dungeon, you can find multiple servants of the Dungeon Master that will grant you powerful boons if you defeat them. Each servant that is not defeated, in turn, boosts the final dungeon boss.
- The cardboard companion to the engineering art of Cataclysm now shares a cooldown with potions, and its stats no longer scale past level 35.
- Warriors can enjoy the new Memory of Elysian Might legendary memory, which increases the runtime of Spear of Bastion by four seconds. While standing in the Spear's range, your critical hit damage increases by 25 percent.
- The Empowered Bar for Torghast has been tweaked again, based on player feedback, and is now meant to be more of a "Special" meter than a "Streak" or "On Fire" bar. That is, you fill your bar through your actions, which earn you points, but the bar no longer empties after a period of time or when you die.
- Once you reach a certain point on the Empowered Bar, a new special button will appear that you can use to empower yourself. The amount of time you are empowered depends on the point on the bar. When empowered, you will receive various combat bonuses that can be further increased or enhanced through the "Box of Many Things". All actions while empowered will provide you with a point bonus at the end of a run.
And here are the full patch notes:
WoW: Chains of Domination PTR Patch Notes as of June 03
- Anti-Magic Zone cooldown increased to 3 minutes (was 2 minutes), duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds) and it will now fade when it absorbs 150% of the caster's health.
- Well-Honed Instincts (Conduit) cooldown increased by 50% at all ranks.
- Soothing Mist's channel is no longer interrupted by Mana Tea or Zen Focus Tea.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Death and Madness (Talent) from granting Insanity and resetting the cooldown of Shadow Word: Death when Shadow Word: Death was cast as the target dies.
- Serrated Bone Spike (Necrolord) bleed now properly benefits from critical strike chance.
- An item to increase your Renown has been added to Trinketaur to enable testing of the new soulbind traits.
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
- New Seasonal Affix: Tormented - Servants of the Jailer can be found throughout the dungeon and grant powerful boons when defeated. If a servant is not dealt with, they empower the final boss.
- Players on the test server can speak with the Keystone Vendor in Oribos to acquire test Keystones for all available dungeons and affixes.
ITEMS AND REWARDS
- Cardboard Assassin (Cataclysm Engineering Tinker) now shares a cooldown with potions and its stats no longer scale past level 35.
- New Runecarving Powers that empower each classes' Covenant Ability.
- Warrior has new powers available in the June 1 update.
TORGHAST, TOWER OF THE DAMNED
Support buffed - it'll only take a minute. Thank you!
- New Scoring System and Perks
- Save souls and defeat the Jailer's forces to become Empowered, allowing you to more effectively crush your foes through a variety of combat and score bonuses.
- Developers' note: We want to thank everyone for taking the time to provide feedback on the updates to Torghast. The team has been reading through and iterating the design based on your feedback. A specific change that we've made focuses around the common feedback that the Empowered Bar creates a feeling of time pressure that was negatively impacting the playstyle of Torghast. We've addressed this by changing the mechanic and we'd love to hear your thoughts after trying out these changes:
- The Empowered Bar is now more like a "Special" meter than a "Streak" or "On Fire" bar and is filled by performing actions that earn score and no longer decays over time or with deaths.
- Once you meet a certain threshold on the Empowered Bar, an extra action button appears that you can use to become Empowered. You will remain Empowered for a duration based on the amount of bar that was filled.
- Empowered provides a number of combat bonuses that can be increased or added at the Box of Many Things. Also, all actions while Empowered contribute to a score bonus at the end of the run.
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Support now
We thank you in advance
Order World of Warcraft now on Amazon
Also read these interesting stories 0
buffedCast: #575 with WoW Lore, Fake-Leaks and Destiny 2 Episode 575 of the buffedCast is all about the WoW Lore, the latest fake leaks and the new expansion for Destiny 2
WoW: Rextroy as (almost) immortal sorcerer In Rextroy's latest WoW video, he sets out as a near-immortal sorcerer to beat up Hordeans outside Orgrimmar and explore the world
WoW: Blizzard can't find a solution for Sylvanas lags The next WoW Shadowlands ID reset will fix some lags in the Sanctum of Domination, but Sylvanas remains a lag battle
03:42WoWPatch 9.1: Chains of Domination Cinematic Trailer - King's Grail
World of Warcraft
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed.
Is something missing in the article?
to the home page
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website.