In a recently published letter to fans, the developers promised to address the issues of Warcraft III: Reforged. You can read the letter in full in Polish here. Yesterday the game received its first major update, weighing as much as 2 GB.
INFORMATION ABOUT WARCRAFT III 1.32.1 UPDATE
Changes and bug fixes:
- Players should no longer see a "fail" screen after loading a mission.
- Adjusted audio levels in some dialogs.
- Improved animations, triggers, and frames in some cutscenes.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save folder.
- Fixed several glitches that could prevent progress or cause completed missions to not be considered completed.
- Developer Comments: Updating the map for patches of this type will invalidate previous game saves. On a similar note, replays from earlier versions of the game client do not work in newer versions of the client. Campaign progress will not be lost.
- Multitab should no longer lead to arbitrary games being suspended.
- Adding the same map to the lounge will no longer create duplicates of that map.
- Developer comment: This fix also resolves a connection loss caused by an incorrect game name.
- Rendering in Classic Mode has been modified.
- Fixed a bug that caused stuttering when erecting buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed the zigurat upgrade animations in Reforged mode.
- Modified the animations and portraits of many units and buildings.
- Units that complete training while off screen now make sounds again.
- Starting locations are again hidden behind the fog of war.
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Audio and subtitle language settings can now be changed in Battle.net before launching the game.
- Non-Latin characters no longer overlap.
- Hovering over cut text will now display a description.
- Chat keeps you up to date on the latest news.
- The characters in the match results screen are now surrounded by outlines.
- Menu screens now vary depending on whether Classic or Reforged mode is selected.
- Developer comment: To make it easier for players to distinguish between Classic and Reforged mode gameplay, we implemented a temporary solution. The background image in Classic mode is now a sepia tone.